"You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place."
Press Play to witness a journey in Thailand through an off-the-grid, culturally enriching experience throughout Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, the Phi Phi Islands, Koh Tao, Koh Samui, & Koh Phangan.
This country has taught me so much about myself and has constantly revealed to me, the undeniable almighty power of God. God has given me courage to conquer many things in my life, a few of which I’d like to share...
1. Deciding to move across the country for college, leaving everyone and everything I knew, to go start a new life by myself, in a state I had never even been to! The fact I have now graduated is slightly incomprehensible.
2. I was introduced to a boy over social media from a mutual friend who I grew very close to. I spontaneously flew across the country to not only meet him for the first time, but his entire family! A random lady had to teach me breathing exercises so I didn’t projectile vomit... even though I still did. Little did I know that this would give me confidence to grow more into solo traveling. He showed me how to find myself when I needed it the most. I’m excited to see who God brings in my life next.
3. I was on my 10 minute work break and spontaneously booked a trip to Greece... by myself. My flight was the ultimate disaster including food poisoning and lost luggage. After that, I became addicted to continue solo traveling.
4. I moved to Los Angeles blind. I had no job and I lived with 33 people (yes 33) in one house- there was a dead rat in my wall. Somehow I managed to get 2 internships and 2 jobs that have influenced my ultimate career.
5. Now, I have successfully completed a trip to Thailand... where I traveled by myself, surrounded by strangers who I now call friends, reminiscing about these pivotal moments. It taught me to not take for granted even the simple things. Though this trip was indeed paradise, it also was eye opening to see such poverty and social norms this country holds. Very rarely does a bathroom have even toilet paper.
Great things never come from comfort zones. You may have doubts along the journey but even if you hopelessly fail you will never wonder “what if.” God doesn’t want you to settle for an ordinary life. Pray that your plans for your life align with His plans. If he’s the center of your heart, you’ll understand how to take these risks. 🇹🇭
Music: "When We Were Young" by The Lost Kings feat. Norma Jean Martine
Filmed by: Kate Mohns & Jackie Strejc
Edited by: Kate Mohns
Travel Company: EF Ultimate Break